You want a credit union that always has your best interests in mind and who better to do that than other members. Our Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee are made up of members that volunteer their time to make sure your HCU is secure, viable and doing what is best for our membership. No paid shareholders here. Just members like you with a passion for helping others.
It’s the Heartland Way.
Heartland Credit Union Volunteers
Volunteers are elected by the membership to serve as stewards, who wisely and unselfishly make policy decisions. Because of the not-for-profit orientation, the focus is on people and not just profit.
Active, enthusiastic volunteers are needed to maintain a healthy, progressive credit union. Volunteers serve without monetary compensation. Intangible benefits include:
- personal satisfaction realized by serving fellow members
- playing an important role in maintaining vital competition in the financial services marketplace
- nurturing the credit union philosophy of "people helping people"
- gaining new skills through continuing education & experience
To be a credit union volunteer requires integrity, a commitment of time, a willingness to learn, the discipline to carry out the specific duties and a desire to serve. Some basic expectations of a credit union volunteer are:
- a belief in the credit union philosophy
- a willingness to attend meetings and participate
- an understanding of and/or willingness to learn about basic business concepts
- the desire to be a team player
- to at all times, act in the best interest of the members and the credit union
If you or someone you know is interested in serving as a credit union volunteer, please apply using the application tab below. We'll contact you to further discuss the current opportunities available.